Sat, 01 Apr|
Dreamed of meeting your favourite economist idol? You can now BE them.
Time & Location
01-Apr-2023, 10:00 am IST – 02-Apr-2023, 12:00 pm IST
About the Event
Get ready to dive into the world of economics and tackle real world problems, but with a twist! Carpe Diem will allow you to pose as a famous economist and deal with the world of economics through their eyes.
Objective: Participants will be assigned an economist they are required to imitate, and they have to engage with certain prompts related to economists, which shall be put up as tweets on Twitter by the AUES. Participants will also be interacting with fellow participants. Think of it as a forum, but of world famous economists.
Example: Participants are assigned the prompt of discussing profit vs social responsibility for companies, and have to imitate Amartya Sen. Participants will reply to the prompt tweet and also discuss the question with other participants who have been given the same prompt.
Date: April 1st, Saturday to April 2nd, Sunday.
- Saturday, 10am: Assignment of prompts and economists.
- Saturday, 10am-12pm: Time for research and preparation.
- Saturday, 12pm to Sunday, 12pm: Time to engage with the prompts on Twitter, and with other participants with the same prompt.
- Sunday, 7pm: Winners announcement and distribution of prizes.
- Event is fully online and will be held on twitter. Participants are allowed to sign up till Thursday 30th March EOD. Participants are required to create twitter accounts with their name and assigned economists. Example - AyushJain_KarlMarx.
- The tweets will be judged on the basis of:
- Understanding about the economist’s ideas
- Relevance to the theme
- Ingenuity in application of ideas
- The prompts will be released on the Unstop page as well as tweets on AUES' twitter handle, @econsoc_ashoka. Participants will reply to the tweets with the thoughts of the economist assigned and reply to other participants replies as well, creating a discussion
- The decision of the judges will be final regarding the winners.
- First prize: Rs. 1500
- Second prize: Rs. 1000
- Third prize: Rs. 500
Code of Conduct: Participants are expected to adhere to a code of conduct that includes respect for fellow participants and judges, professional conduct during the competition, and adherence to the rules and regulations of the competition.
Intellectual Property: Participants must ensure that their response to the prompts are original and do not infringe on any existing intellectual property rights. The organizers will not be held responsible for any infringement of intellectual property rights. They should also maintain respect for fellow participants, and should not copy ideas. Doing so will lead to immediate disqualification.
Disqualification: The organizers reserve the right to disqualify any participant who violates the rules and regulations of the competition or engages in any unethical or illegal means, or plagiarism, or uses slurs or foul language in their response to the prompt.
Amendments: The organizers reserve the right to amend the rules and regulations of the competition at any time and will notify the participants of any such amendments.
By participating in the competition, all participants agree to abide by the rules and regulations set forth by the organizers.