Sun, 14 Aug|
The Econscript: Inter-Collegiate Essay Competition
Time & Location
14-Aug-2022, 7:00 pm – 23-Aug-2022, 11:59 am
About the Event
Understanding the importance of sharing and exploring ideas that may not be found in a quintessential economics textbook, the Ashoka Economics Society seeks to encourage participants to think out of the box and aims to impose the broad range of economics that is not only dependent on theoretical but also practical application.
The first economics essay competition will be held in August 2022 in an online format. Students currently pursuing an undergraduate degree can participate in the competition.
This year we are inviting entries on two topics:
Technical: Should central banks start working on creating digital currency for their own economies? If you concur, how do you advise they proceed? If you disagree, how do you suggest central banks handle the proliferation of digital currencies in all private sectors and other economies?
Abstract: Do medieval economic theories and economists still hold water in today's world? Are they the foundation or introduction to economics? Comment with regard to a particular theory or an economist's body of work.
Participants are required to send in their essays on any one of the two topics. To be eligible for the competition, students must be presently enrolled in an undergraduate programme and are required to submit their essays using their official institution email IDs on this form latest by 23rd August 2022.
The guidelines for submissions are as follows:
- The word limit for the paper is 1000-1200 words (including tables, charts and bibliography)
- Co-authorship of papers is allowed and the maximum number of co-authors permitted is 2 (if you do choose to co-author, your partners may/may not be from the same institution)
- Citation style - Chicago 17th edition or MLA 8th edition (any images, charts, tables or figures used from external sources must be cited)
- The text must meet the following formatting guidelines:
Font style - Times New Roman
Font size -12 pt
The text must be double-spaced
- The essay document must be named in the following format: “EssayWritingCompetition_Name_InstitutionName”.
- We will only be accepting PDF submissions.
Interested students shall have to pay a participation fee of Rs. 30 per team to register themselves for the competition. The receipt for this payment can be uploaded on the Google form link provided above. The payment can be made through Google pay, Paytm or UPI on the following accounts:
UPI ID: 8788750001@paytm